AEROBLEND wears best on moisturized bare skin. It is not required or necessary to wear AEROBLEND with primers or setting sprays as very few are compatible with AEROBLEND.
Here are some facts about AEROBLEND and most primers:
- Most primers on the market either contain silicone or give the skin "too much slip."
- AEROBLEND is water-based and will not work with silicone-based products. Silicone and water DO NOT mix!
- You will not get as much coverage as intended with AEROBLEND when used with primer.
- When you use primer, you end up using 4x more product than if you were to airbrush onto bare skin alone.
- AEROBLEND is formulated to adhere to skin, not primer.
Using primer will result in AEROBLEND looking muddy, uneven and spotty.
Primer will absorb & eat AEROBLEND as it is airbrushed on, thus not allowing coverage to build onto skin.
- Even some primers that do not list silicone as an ingredient can still cause the skin to have too much slip for AEROBLEND to adhere to. So please keep this in mind when experimenting primers with AEROBLEND.
If you feel that you must use a primer or setting spray, AVOID using products that contain silicone or have "too much slip" to them as they DO NOT allow AEROBLEND to wear well.
Here are some AEROBLEND approved products that DO NOT contain silicone:
- All primers from Skindinavia are approved to be used with AEROBLEND.
- Milk Makeup Blur Stick (Silicone-free matte primer)
- All Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Sprays are compatible with AEROBLEND.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
- Model in a Bottle Setting Spray